We have created Genedrive®, a small, affordable, real-time PCR system that can serve as the basis for rapid detection, quantification, or drug resistance testing of infectious diseases and pathogens, such as MTB or Hepatitis. With an opportunity to reach millions of people with poor access to existing diagnostic technology, Genedrive® has the ability to change lives. There’s a lot to do but it’s exciting, and equally important, it’s meaningful.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your c.v. to email@example.com with a brief description of the type of role you are looking for, or how you believe you could contribute to our team. We will get back to you when we think we have a matching opportunity for you.
[For data protection information, please see our policy on how we process your personal data ]
Electronics Engineer Technician - IVD medical devices
applications open: 31st July 2018
applications close: 3rd September 2018
Reporting into the Electronics Engineering team within R&D, you will be the responsible for assisting with:
- Electronic design verification & validation and subsequent manufacturing activities.
- Supporting internal Operations and outsource manufacturing teams in validation and incoming goods QC/ component checking.
You will have a genuine passion for electronics and relish the desire to make an impact in the healthcare and diagnostics arena.
Key Experience-Required / Desirable
- An Electronic Engineering qualification – HND/ B.Sc Degree (HND as a minimum level qualification).
- Good theoretical and practical understanding of analogue and digital electronic circuits.
- Understanding of op-amp circuits, DC-DC converters, and control systems is desirable.
- Hands-on experience of building an embedded project (i.e. combining circuit design, embedded software, debugging)
- Good soldering skills
- Confident at using lab equipment - oscilloscopes, logic analyzers
- Some embedded programming experience - ARM, Arduino, AVR, PIC or similar
- Good report writing skills
- Experience with embedded Linux on Raspberry Pie, BeagleBone or similar would be advantageous
- At least some experience with embedded C/C++, c#, Python, Matlab/Simulink is a bonus
Computer & software skills:
Excellent skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Manchester, Office Based at 48 Grafton Street Manchester M13 9XX within the CTF at UMIC.
- 25 days holiday per year ( plus bank holidays )
- Private Healthcare
- Group Income Protection
- Death in Service benefit
- Share Options and SIPS scheme
- Discretionary bonus
If you are would like to apply for the role of ELECTRONICS ENGINEER TECHNICAN, please send in your c. v and covering letter to us via our email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please focus on telling us on how your skills and experience match the type of person we are looking for and why you think you would be an ideal candidate to undertake the role of ELECTRONICS ENGINEER TECHNICIAN .
No agencies please.
Salary: £18,000 per annum