We have created Genedrive®, a small, affordable, real-time PCR system that can serve as the basis for rapid detection, quantification, or drug resistance testing of infectious diseases and pathogens, such as MTB or Hepatitis. With an opportunity to reach millions of people with poor access to existing diagnostic technology, Genedrive® has the ability to change lives. There’s a lot to do but it’s exciting, and equally important, it’s meaningful.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief description of the type of role you are looking for, or how you believe you could contribute to our team. We will get back to you when we think we have a matching opportunity for you.
[For data protection information, please see our policy on how we process your personal data ]
Quality Control Technician
applications open: 10th October 2018
applications close: 31st October 2018
As the Quality Control Technician within Operations you will be responsible for the delivery of the QC work- flow and will help develop strategies and methodologies in respect of all manufacturing quality issues . You will undertake in -process QC testing. Working with our Research & Development Team, you will co-ordinate the adoption of QC methods for new products and post - sale vigilance. You will work in conjunction with the Quality Control Leader in regard to planning workloads and in developing and improving testing methods and processes . You will be working at the laboratory bench, as well as in an office - based environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
You will report to the Quality Control Leader and as the QC Technician you will undertake the following :
- Liaise with our Company- wide Quality Assurance & Regulatory colleagues and management ;
- Fulfill the process requirements of the business ;
- Be a member of the wider Operations Team with responsibilities to support , train , task-plan and assist with all Quality related challenges;
- Incoming component & product sub-assembly release control ;
- QC life-cycle of materials - supporting component and product stability studies ;
- In - process QC testing and release ;
- Manage standard QC testing work flow and KPI's to ensure the department stays on target and there are no obstacles to the availability of materials ;
- Undertake Trend Analysis of data - tracking and deviation identification ;
- Support Company -wide technical development and manufacturing products as required;
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned .
Your Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to work safely in a laboratory environment ;
- Experience of Quality Control testing within IVD development or within a clinical chemistry laboratory ;
- Experience of working to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) ;
- Familiarity with molecular diagnostics ( PCR ) & immunoassay technology .
- Experience of working in a regulated product manufacturing environment;
- Experience in Quality Control testing and/or product release;
- Experience of writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and working to them on a daily basis;
- You will understand and be comfortable with the mathematics and statistics of quality control in in vitro diagnostics.
What type of person are we looking for ?
- You will be an influencer with good spoken & written communication skills;
- You will be able to perform routine testing in order to produce reliable and precise data;
- You may also have experience in terms of interpreting results , reporting on them and identifying trends ;
- You will be organised and have a methodical approach to all activities;
- You will be a confident problem solver and decision - maker - ideally with experience of root- cause' analysis.
Qualifications & Training :
- You will be a Science graduate , potentially with a post - graduate qualification in a relevant discipline ;
- You may also have experience of working in industry or health service laboratories .
Benefits Package :
We can offer you the following benefits:
- 25 days annual leave per year ( plus 8 statutory bank holidays )
- Access to subsidized Star Bucks Coffee Bar
- Bonus ( non - contractual )
- Private healthcare
- Income Protection Cover
- Death in service benefit
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Informal Dress Code
- competitive salary
You will be based within the Core Technology Facility within UMIC , on the University of Manchester campus -off Oxford Road in central Manchester . We are easily accessible via train, bike and walking.
Working Hours :
- 37.5 hours per week - Monday to Friday
- There is some flexibility around start and finish times.